Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Here's my monthly post (that's a lame joke.) And I still don't have much to say. I have been bleak of spirit lately. No real reason, except maybe less hours of sunlight.

High School
That's been the hot topic lately as the boys have to select next year's freshman classes by this Friday. "You don't understand, I'm a teenager and I can do what I want." But parents, school counselors and teachers have prevailed. It's a bittersweet problem. We have exposed them to many things, hoping they would be curious and interested in many things. It's the secret to a rich life. So the problem now is that they want to take electives and not core subjects: Spanish, applied techology (drafting and design), computer applications, theater arts, choir, speech.

Christmas Project
The boys went with their middle school youth group to deliver and decorate a Christmas tree for a mother and child who recently left a women's shelter. Rick came home pumped up. "It reminded me of the song Christmas Shoes." I'm not familiar with the song, but I bet it is a tear-jerker.

No comments: