Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm not ready for this...

It's the night for merry-making and resolutions. My merry-making will be burning the brush piles in a snowstorm. Strange but delightful because I'm doing it with my husband. My resolution is to post at least once in December.

There has been lots of blog fodder, but mid-November we learned that my mother-in-law has lung cancer. Fast-growing and non-treatable. At first she was given 4 to 6 months. She decided to take chemo which will not cure it but may give her another 4 to 6 months. So I haven't posted because I wasn't ready to post this news and all other content paled in comparison.

I've seen a lot of "outtakes" of Christmas pictures, but usually it was the little ones goofing around that "spoiled" the picture. My husband's family decided (after we got there) to take a picture on Thanksgiving but it wasn't the little ones causing the problem. I thought the composition would be improved if I sat on my husband's lap, which ended up with us rolling on the floor. Of course, they snapped the picture then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law. Mine lived with us,(in an apartment on our property) for a long time, and passed away a few years ago. It is rare to have a relationship with a Mother-in-law that is so good that you miss them when they are gone.

Kylee Baumle said...

Oh Martha, I'm sorry to hear this and that your family is going through this. I wondered where you'd disappeared to. I hope that you all will get to do some good things together in the next months, but just being together is the important thing.
*hugs*