Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm thankful for Lawrence

I just learned that my nephew (named for my father) returned safely from Iraq. After a few days in Indianapolis, he will be home. Hopefully, he will be home in time for our family's Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. Thank you God for Lawrence's safe return!

Here he is playing badminton last July at the river, when he was home on leave.























Meanwhile, I better get back to cleaning and cooking for my in-laws gathering here tomorrow. I set the turkey in the refrigerator on Sunday and I think it is still frozen. Yikes!

2 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

That is really something to give thanks for.

Anonymous said...

Godspeed to you and yours through the holidays. Though I do not know Lawrence, I am thankful every time I hear another soldier has returned home safely.