Sunday, February 05, 2006

Friday in Florida



I didn't take too many pictures on Friday evening. First we visited Judy's corner office, which is on the umpteenth floor with floor-to-ceiling windows on two sides and even a balcony. And then she took me to the University of Tampa, with its odd, but garish, combination of Moorish and Victorian architecture. The Hillsborough River runs by the campus. Compare this picture of the concrete channel river with the picture of it running wild and free I took the next day. We then went to South Tampa for dinner. We were going to eat at her favorite Italian restaurant in old South Tampa, but then we got a call from her husband who had just been released from the emergency room. So we grabbed a quick bite at Ciccio and Tony's (I'm no longer in Indiana) where one of Marty's students drove him. Judy and I talked late into the night, but she had a short night as she had to take her husband back to the ER in the wee hours of the morning. I think he's OK now.

No comments: