Friday, February 28, 2003

Adrenaline Junkies?
Ricky the Daredevil was how the most recent church newsletter referred to my 13 year old son regarding last week's ski trip. My initial maternal instinct was a deep sinking feeling in my gut, which only got worse when I observed the extreme pleasure Ricky took in this acknowledgement of his extreme activities. Then a little smile crossed my face. A smile of remembered thrills. His mother did own a motorcycle once, and his father jumped out of airplanes. Even his grandmother rapelled when she was in her seventies. I can only pray for good sense to temper his thrills.

Indiana Pacers
Ron won free tickets to see Indiana Pacers! This was part of the Heart Association fundraiser at school. He still claims the Lakers as his favorite team, but informed us that the Pacers just moved up his list. We have never been to a professional basketball game, so this should be fun.

Talent
Rick auditioned for the school talent show and will be singing acapello "Down in the River to Pray" from "O Brother Where Art Thou" next Friday.

No comments: