Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Splat
The Boys (as they are known to their cousins) went to a sleepover Friday night and we had the night to ourselves! We ended up with a campfire and then a ride past the Highlands. It was a cool starlit night, so the windows were down but not the top. Our tree farm, The Highlands, is in the middle of Amish country. Just talking, enjoying each other's company, driving down the gravel road, with my hand dangling out the window, I felt a huge wet bug splat against my hand.

"That was not a bug," Steve responded, "I just ran over a pile of horse manure." yuck, yuck, yuck. Luckily, we had some hand cleaner. When we stopped, the smell was overwhelming and we discovered horse poop all over the side of the Jeep. I'm so glad we didn't take the top down.

Ron laughed about this story all weekend, so I thought I would remind him of a trip to the zoo when he was seven years old. We were watching a raptor show in the outdoor amphitheater...you know what's coming. I looked at Ron's shocked face and saw runny white stuff all over his head. I tucked him under my arm (can't do that now) and dashed to the restroom. Luckily his hair was very short.

Ron laughed about this story, "You know, that's real funny now looking back at it." Ahh the perspectives we gain with time, even when we are only 14 years old.

No comments: