Thursday, July 14, 2005

Basil Deee-lish

Every time I walked past the basil in my garden (I used it as an ornamental plant), the scent was so deee-lish-us that I decided to harvest some today for supper. I made a pesto sauce and added it to pasta, broccoli and carrots. Mmmm, it was deee-lish-us.

So when Ricky sat down to the table, he wrinkled his nose and said, "I'm not eating any of that." It seems that teens decide on a whim what they like and don't like, whether it is food, clothes, activities. So rather than confront him with our old mantra, "You have to try it before you decide you don't like it," we took the tack of enthusiastic endorsement of his decision not to eat. Then we proceeded to eat our portions with much delight. Soon he had a helping on his plate, gushing about how good it was, and remarking on how nicely the table was set.

No comments: