Saturday, August 05, 2006

Modified Farmer's Tan

I am working outdoors for the first time in my life and I am not real disciplined about sunscreen since I don't burn. This has resulted in some unusual patterns on my body. Starting at the top, I wear a hat, so my forehead is white and lower face is tanned. I wear pastel polo shirts with the site's logo on it to identify myself as a site employee and I usually wear gardening gloves. The result is a extremely white upper arms, berry brown lower arms and slightly tanned hands. I usually wear shorts, so my thighs are white, my knees are dark brown and my calves are tanned. And my feet are the most unusual. Crocs are my indispensable garden shoes, so I have a distinct tan line on the top of my feet and little round tan marks where the holes are.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be interesting to see how long those Croc-marks on your feet last!

I did grounds maintenance for my local high school after my sophomore year of college, and in spite of my boss's advice work Birkenstocks every day. I never lost any toes as he warned I would, but I had two wide white stripes across the top of each foot until the following June! lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL

Be Bold. Garden Naked!