Thursday, April 29, 2004

Does He or Doesn't He?
Rick is interested in his appearance; Ron much less so. For several years, Rick has asked to dye his hair, to which the standard parental response is, "And you want a tatoo and nose ring too?" Recently I told him that the next time I touch up my hair, I will use what's left on his hair. He has beautiful thick dark brown hair, with lots of body and a little curl. I suspect he imagined this would change to thick spiky light blonde hair. Well, we did it last night with L'Oreal dark golden blonde. After 5 minutes into the 30 minute processing stage, he complained that it itched. (I understated his histrionics.) Concerned that he may be having an allergic reaction, I rinsed his hair. The change was very subtle, almost like highlights. I like it. He is disappointed. Now he says that it didn't itch that bad and we need to let the dye stay on longer. Maybe next time. Maybe not. But there are no tatoos or body piercings in his future.

No comments: