Monday, April 26, 2004

Spring Fun
We spent most of the weekend outside. After cleaning the barn at the Highlands Friday night, parents challenged sons to a full court basketball game. Thanks to Steve, it was a tie game. He kept feeding me easy lay-ups (my only shot) but few went in. And yes, I did run (or walk) the full court but I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight.

After a day of errands, soccer games and bread-making on Saturday, we cooked dinner over an open fire at The Property. I saved some dough to fry over the fire and we make an egg/potato/sausage dish. We also cooked apples in foil. While we ate, we built up the fire and watched the wind make the fire burn hot. On the way home, Ron said in a creaky old man’s voice, “Why, when I was a youngster, we used to have campfires.” He will remember these times, even though he thought he wanted to play video games instead.

No comments: