Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Teaching responses

This morning I got my hair cut and restyled and somehow my gray hair disappeared also. I then exchanged a pair of slacks I bought my husband at a department store. While I was there, I got a phone call from my friend rescheduling our coffee date. So when I was asked if I wanted a makeover, the saleswomen seemed shocked when I said yes. I needed to buy new lipstick anyway and, with my new hairdo, it seemed the right thing to do. I found a lipstick and liner that I liked, so the time was well spent.

When my son saw me after school, he gasped in horror. My husband counseled him to remain noncommittal until you determine if the woman was pleased with the new hairstyle, makeup, clothes. She did go a little overboard on the eye makeup. What was "natural" to the makeup queen was shocking to my son (and to me.) I just scrubbed and lotioned (is that a verb?) my face and feel so much fresher.

No comments: