Monday, September 27, 2004

My poem

My Poem
Here's my poem, written by an Aardvaark, based on my blog, my prize for winning the baby pool:

Earth Girl
She keeps an online journal where bits of her peek through
She has a loving husband and a teen-age boy ( X 2! )
She left behind her corporate job and the luxuries it afforded
To spend her days in other ways (for which she's been rewarded)
She likes to bake and cook and sew and always seems to think of others
Playing 'monster tag' in the dark, I know she's not your boring sort of mother!

She often tells us of her pond
And other things of which she's fond
Like sunrise and the morning dew,

Lilies, butterflies, blackbirds, cherries
Fireflies, iris, fresh blueberries
These are just to name a few

The way she writes of growing things
Displays the inner joy they bring
Creation in its verdant glory
And as they grow up all around
You sense with sight and smell and sound
The things she tells of in her stories

I'm glad she lets us tag along to see the world through eyes so kind
When Earth Girl's in her garden, contentment isn't far behind.
// posted by LittleA


My husband smiled when he read it and then said, "I used to write you poetry." I nodded. He did..when we were dating. I suspect I shall get another one soon.

I think LittleA hit it pretty close, except for the sewing part. I have a recessive craft gene and haven't sewn since high school. Ever since I left the corporate world, getting my sewing machine fixed has been on my To Do list but it has never Been Done.

While I left behind my corporate job, it was not of my choosing. I was ignobly, unjustly kicked out on my kiester. The best thing that ever happened to me.

And the monster tag reference said as much about LittleA as Earth Girl. I suspect the idea of running around in the dark, with the moonshadows of trees being "safe", appeals to his sense of childlike fun. That is a good thing and I wish it on all of you, my three readers.

So those of you who know me well - 20, 30, 40, or 50+ years - can you add a verse or two to round out this portrait?

No comments: