Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thursday Three

Thursday Three Courtesy of Possumblog
1. What does your name mean?any connection to what you do or who you are?

My maiden name was Bishop. At one time I thought it was funny to tell strangers that my father was a Methodist Bishop...until this real cute guy said, "I'm a PK too." My given name, Martha, means lady. I hope it is connected to what I do and who I am.

2. Any problems with your name? Do you wish it (either your surname or given name) was changed ?
No problems now, but I hated the name Martha when I was an adolescent. I thought it sounded like someone's great aunt, who was both an old maid and a schoolteacher.

3. Were you named for someone? If so, whom?
No and that was one reason I was sure that I was not loved as much as my four siblings. All of them are named for someone and I got stuck with my name because my father thought it was beautiful.

Bonus Questions -4. Do you go by your first name, middle name, shortened form--(ex. Jim for James)--or by some made-up nickname?
I go by my first name now. In Junior High, I went by Marty for a while but that faded out in high school. My married name is Ferguson, so almost all of them are called Fergie by someone or other.

No comments: