Monday, October 01, 2007

October already?

How did I miss September, one of my favorite months? Not in real life; it was full. But not a single post on either blog. Maybe I'll catch up on the posts I meant to write, such as my new adventures in vegetable gardening.

I picked the last (perhaps) eggplant, peppers and tomatoes last night and roasted them along with onions, garlic, basil in olive oil. It tickles me that Ricky raved about the dish. Ricky was a failure-to-thrive baby, who would hardly eat anything when we adopted him at about six years of age. Now he raves about roasted eggplant and is studying culinary arts. So there is hope for you mothers of picky eaters.

And here's a little story that I wrote in the comments of May Dreams Garden:
Several weeks ago an adolescent boy in line behind me at the store asked if I just got off work.

"Yes, did you ask because I'm so dirty and this logo on my shirt?"

"No," he said, "because there is a praying mantis in your hair."

2 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Adventures in vegetable gardening? I am looking forward to reading more about that.

Any your praying mantis story is funny!

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

Kylee Baumle said...

Yay!! You're back!

And now I need to get a list of seeds to you, and you can tell me which ones you'd like. It doesn't look like we're going to make it to Rome City this fall now. :-((( But I want you to have the seeds I promised to you!

I read your praying mantis story over at Carol's and smiled. I have a similar story and posted about it somewhere back along the line. I love praying mantids! I saw a VERY pregnant one over the weekend!