Sunday, May 15, 2005

Digital Camera

Cheese!
After wading through a plethora of information about digital cameras for over six months, trying to duplicate the capabilities of my SLR and stay within my budget, yesterday I finally just went to Sunny Schicks, an old-fashioned camera store in business over 90 years. A knowledgeable young man walked me through the options and gently led me to a decision -- Konica Minolta DiMage X50.

After playing with the camera (and reading the manuals), I know I made the right decision. The only thing I didn't get was the 10x zoom lens, but that added to the bulk and weight of the camera. I decided that it would be better to have a pocket camera with me rather than a loaded camera not with me. My purse is full enough already.

Once I am comfortable with the digital world and if I still want more capabilities, then I can add a more expensive digital SLR to my collection. Like the Canon Rebel!

No comments: