Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Knight

In this post, Lucy captures something that I haven't been able to put into words about my husband but which I know to be true. Steve is a gentle man, but he is my protector. I feel safe with him.

When the Evil Boss was abusing me at work, it was as stressful for my husband as for me. Every fiber of his being longed to rescue me. There was nothing he could do, so he urged me to quit, to remove myself from the situation. I didn't and my physical and emotional health suffered.

When someone verbally attacked me, my husband's response was, "He wouldn't have said that if I was there." He's right. The look in his eye would have stopped it.

My sons were taught from an early age (and it is being reinforced in their teen years) to respect me. They see Lucy's "bad boy" in their father and know this is a line they cannot cross. This is a good lesson on how to treat women.

Don't misunderstand, I am not encouraging domination and the caveman approach to women. As I said, Steve is a gentle man. And I am not suggesting that women are the weaker sex. We are strong, but in different ways. But there is something I need in this expression of my husband's masculinity.

LINK FIXED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(ahem, pssst, broken link)