Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Middle School
I thought I would only have to live through middle school once since I don't believe in reincarnation. I didn't count on experiencing middle school again, vicariously, through my sons. Rick borrowed a bag of chips on Friday from a friend who is a good kid, but the brains of 13-year-old boys do not function fully (and there is medical research to back that statement). His friend is charging Rick 46,800% interest which will triple if he does not pay back the dollar tomorrow. Oh well, it gave me a chance to review principal, interest and time with Rick. We decided a penny interest would be sufficient, if not generous. If the other boy won't accept it, Rick is suppose to have the boy's parents call us. I'm sure the young man will not report this to his parents. On the other hand, the boy's father is a banker.

No comments: