Thursday, August 05, 2004

Blueberry Picking

I Found My Maker on Blueberry Acre
OK, so that's bad, but it kept going through my head as I picked 13.8 pounds of fresh blueberries today at Blueberry Acres, just a few miles from my house. They are clean and in the freezer. We use them almost exclusively in pancakes - just throw a few on the uncooked side of the pancake before you flip it. Last year we ran out in February, so we are going back tomorrow to pick some more. Antioxidants for all.

The low tonight is suppose to be in the 40s, setting a record for low temps on this day. It makes working outside pleasant but I am NOT ready for fall.

If you decide to go blueberry picking, do not wear sandals. I finally took them off and went barefoot. So now my fingers and toes are both blue.

No comments: