Friday, August 27, 2004

Either Or

Either/Or
Via Curmudgeonry

Hardback or Paperback - I love hardback books but recently switched to paperback unless I'm certain it's a keeper
Highlight or Underline - and scribble in the margin
Lewis or Tolkien - Easy choice
E.B. White or A.A. Milne
T.S. Eliot or e.e. cummings - Hard choice - takes me back to my college years. Haven't read either since then.
Stephen King or Dean Koontz - neither. I've read King but not Koontz
Barnes & Noble or Borders - Borders is closer
Waldenbooks or B. Dalton- neither
Fantasy or Science Fiction - neither
Horror or Suspense - neither
Bookmark or Dogear - I have a collection of bookmarks, but I usually use whatever slip of paper that's handy
Large Print or Fine Print - I'm getting old
Hemingway or Faulkner
Fitzgerald or Steinbeck
Homer or Plato
Geoffrey Chaucer or Edmund Spenser
Pen or Pencil
Looseleaf or Notepad
Alphabetize: By Author or By Title
Shelve: By Genre/Subject or All Books Together - But it ends up all books together after the other readers in the house hit the shelves
Dustjacket: Leave it On or Take it Off - usually that's my bookmark
Novella or Epic
John Grisham or Scott Turrow
J.K. Rowling or Lemony Snicket - She wrote the book that finally spurred one son to read
John Irving or John Updike
Salman Rushdie or Don Delillo - I've never read either one
Fiction or Non-fiction - About ten years ago, I gave myself permission to read fiction which I love.
Historical Biography or Historical Romance - Both, as long as it's well-written
Reading Pace: A Few Pages per Sitting or Finish at Least a Chapter - or until I fall asleep
Short Story or Creative Non-fiction Essay
Blah Blah Blah or Yada Yada Yada
“It was a dark and stormy night…” or “Once upon a time…”
Books: Buy or Borrow - As I said, I'm a bibliophile, but I usually borrow non-fiction. It's rare that I reread non-fiction.
Book Reviews or Word of Mouth - I read reviews but I believe word of mouth

No comments: