Thursday, February 03, 2005

Hipness

Hipness
This entry was inspired by a great line from PossumBlog:
I said a small prayer of thanks for being so uncool that such an embarrassing situation as had transpired had absolutely no impact on my overall level of hipness.
As a parent of a student council member, I worked the concession stand for last Friday's high school basketball game. As I was stashing money in the ultra secret spot, I turned my head to say something to someone. At that very moment someone dropped a bottle of Mountain Dew, I stepped on it and went sprawling in front of a gazillion ultrahip high school kids. Son did not even consider this embarrassing but came right over to help me up. The ladies insisted on bringing the trainer in to look at my knee and ankle and all I could say, "No, I didn't shave my legs."

Which brought to mind the great country western title, "Did I shave my legs for this?"

No comments: