Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A dillar A dollar My tardy lil scholar

A dillar, a dollar,
My tardy lil scholar


Ricky had before school detention today for being tardy to class three times this semester. "Stupid school, they don't give us enough time to get my books" and socialize I might add. So this morning he tried to avoid going by catching the bus, but I intercepted him. We had half an hour and he was supposedly ready. When I put on my coat heading out the door, he started rushing around, getting a sweatshirt, trying to find his calculator, looking for something in his room. It took him ten minutes to get out the door and he was tardy for his tardy suspension. This probably means Saturday suspension and he has a show choir contest on Saturday.
A dillar, a dollar,
A ten o’clock scholar,
What makes you come so soon?
You used to come at ten o’clock,
But now you come at noon.

No comments: